Last Updated on May 7, 2021
Curly hair has been the talk of the century long-before Diana Ross enthralled us with her flaming locks or Julia Roberts made us all want a piece of that Pretty Woman treatment. For those of us who are doomed to live with dull, straight hair- a curling wand is a gift from above. By researching the best hair curlers in the market, we noticed that a one size fits all solution isn’t possible, so we brought the ten most distinguished products online.
Temp Settings: 1 x 220ºC.
No. of Barrels: One.
Special Feature: Ultra Zone Technology.
Temp Settings: 2 x 80 and 240ºC.
No. of Barrels: Five.
Special Feature: Sleep Mode.
Temp Settings: 2 x 140 and 220ºC.
No. of Barrels: Five.
Special Feature: Rapid Heating.
Temp Settings: 5 x 150 – 210°C.
No. of Barrels: One.
Special Feature: Wrap Control.
Best Curling Tongs On The UK Market Reviewed In 2021
The best curling tongs of 2021 are represented by the ghd Curve models that bring the salon’s convenience to the comfort of your own home. The fantastic hair curler will make you forget about all the other tools for wavy hair because it is marvellous in every aspect. The ghd curve is designed with a massive 32 mm barrel that not only creates consistent curls but ensures that the styling process is as effortless as possible. This is further maintained by the swivel cord on the ghd Curve, making it the best hair curler in terms of practicality.
To ensure a supreme performance, the ghd curve curler uses a trademarked Ultra-Zone technology that intelligently identifies each section of the hair and matches the unit’s temperature accordingly. This is ideal for those that are just getting into the hair-styling world since it gives them a jumpstart on being an actual pro. The ghd Curve also supports a healthier styling dynamic by optimising long-lasting beachy waves for all its beautiful customers. The best curling wands support temperature of 185ºC so you will have all the flexibility you need for a creative curl experience.
- It comes with a two-year warranty by ghd.
- It’s the winner of more than 300 beauty awards.
- It’s designed with a protective cool tip.
- It has a spring-activated ergonomic level for added convenience.
- It comes with a styling glove for more safety.
- It has an automatic sleep mode for 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Some customers reported issues with the seller’s authenticity.
- Several customers noted that its handle gets too hot at times.
The second best hair curler is brought to us by CkeyiN, and it comes with a wide range of hair tools for waves. The easy-to-use curling wand includes five different barrels to suit any hair type. By purchasing the 5 in 1 hair curlers wand, you will also get various-shaped barrels that measure at 9, 18, 19, 25 and 32 mm each. And like that wasn’t enough, CkeyiN has also provided with a protective glove and two hair clippers so you can impress all your friends with the newly-found hair-styling skills.
Tourmaline ceramic provides one of the best curling results due to its shielding properties that CkeyiN has integrated so beautifully. Contrary to our previous model, the CkeyiN curling wand hosts different temperature settings for those who want more control. Whether you have fine or thick hair, the curler’s 80-240℃ range will surely accommodate your needs. And to make sure that you don’t accidentally burn yourself while playing with the heat settings, the unit features a handy LCD display for added convenience.
- Best budget-friendly curlers for hair.
- It has an automatic shut-off feature that activates after one hour.
- It has a very straightforward assembly.
- It has an adjustable heat setting for more control.
- It comes with a convenient curling set.
- It’s not very durable.
- Its temperature settings control tends to get too hot.
- It doesn’t have an ergonomic grip, so it’s uncomfortable to hold.
If your idea of the best hair curlers involves a multi-functional use, then GEEDIAR is your best fit. The 5 in 1 hair curlers wands will get you the natural-looking waves you’ve always wanted at the grasp of your hand. The interchangeable curling tongs incorporate five different barrels that include dimensions from 7 to 32 mm. Whether your hair is short or extra long, the GEEDIAR curl wand will make sure that you can curl your hair with the ultimate ease. And when you combine great versatility with a fantastic price, there isn’t much that can go wrong.
As with the best curling tongs, this unit also employs a high-grade PTC and ceramic coating. The PTC layer ensures that the wand curls in record speeds because it heats-up in less than a minute. On the other hand, the premium ceramic coating not only protects the hair around heat and turmoil, but it also feeds them through its moisturising technology. The tongs curls hair by using dual temperature settings that use a 140℃ heat for the low mode and 220℃ for the high mode. All in all, you can rest assured that whatever your hair type is, it will thank you.
- Good value for money.
- It comes with a heat-protection glove for security.
- It has an ergonomic non-slip handle.
- It has a 360º swivel cord for manoeuvrability.
- It’s designed with an anti-scalding cool tip.
- Some people encountered power issues with it.
- Its heat production is too hot, even on the low setting.
- Its curl clip is rather fiddly and prone to damage.
Next in line, we have one of the best curling tongs’ manufacturers that is BaByliss. Being Amazon’s Choice for curling wands, these highly efficient wavy hair tools are ideal for those who want to find comfort with their look. The versatile curling wand pro is among the best long hair curlers because it’s designed with an extensive narrow barrel for extra-long hair. With a full length of 25 mm, the creative curl wand will undoubtedly curl your hair to absolute perfection or even give you long-lasting beachy waves that will be the talk of the day.
The BaByliss curlers hair has one of the best curling temperatures available on the market. With five different heat settings to choose from, you will quickly get the Instagram look that keeps showing up in your feed. To make sure that the user has the best curling experience, the manufacturers have designed the wand with a non-slip control that wraps the hair around the handle and grips it tightly. The easy to use curling wand also supports the distinguished ionic technology that is the talk of the moment in the beauty world. To take the ceramic-coating to another level, BaByliss has lined the heating plates with camellia and macadamia oils that help the hair to find its long-lost shine.
- It has a fantastic heat output.
- It has five heat settings ranging from 150°C – 210°C.
- It is the best hair curler for extra-long hair.
- It has a rapid heat-up time.
- It comes with a heat-protection glove.
- It doesn’t have a clamp, so it’s slightly trickier to curl hair.
- It’s not ideal for short hair.
- Some customers reported that their heat indication panel stopped working after some time.
We intend to keep the BaByliss curler brief flowing because this fantastic brand has manufactured some of the best curling wands on the beauty market. The current curling wand is specifically designed to provide a voluminous look even for those who have to deal with insufferably fine hair. The easy to use curling tong is supported with a 2.8-metre swivel cord that is suitable with both private or salon use. So whenever you’re a trained professional or just a passionate beauty enthusiast, the volume waves curling tong won’t let you down.
Thanks to its large 38 mm barrel, this creative curl wand can produce ultra-loose locks that will match your existing Cher attitude. When it comes to the curling tongs’ construction, it’s worth noting that the ceramic induced heating plates do nothing but further contribute to the unit’s great rep. Rather than stressing out your hair and causing unnecessary frizz, the tongs will make sure to provide healthier, curler hair under record-breaking times. With five heat settings to choose from and thousands of positive reviews on Amazon, this curling wand is worth a try.
- It comes with a two-year warranty by BaByliss.
- It has five digital temperature settings that range from 140°C to 220°C.
- It has an easy to use level for tightly holding the hair.
- It is the best hair curler for loose curls.
- It has a nano-titanium ceramic barrel that’s very durable.
- It isn’t fit for short hair.
- It can’t hold big chunks of hair in a single stroke.
The 210 curling wand by BaByliss belongs to the brand’s first showcased range but is destined for a more specific audience. For those gals and chaps that hold thick hear at the top of their heads, the 210 creative curl wand will magically turn you from Robin William’s Jumanji to Zendaya’s gorgeous bouncy look. The good news about the professional curling tong is that it is designed to fit all hair types and give them the craved natural-looking wave.
You’re probably going to find this product in the mouths of the world’s best hairstylists since the curling tong is practically to die for. Thanks to its 25 mm tourmaline ceramic barrel, the unit will grant you with such a beauty that you never thought you had it in you. The tourmaline’s restorative characteristics and the tongs’ practicality combine to form an easy-to-use device that does it all. And if you find that that’s not fitting for you, you can take comfort in the wand’s five heat settings that will generate a happy face even in the loudest critic.
- It is Amazon’s Choice for the best hair curlers.
- It comes with a two-year warranty by BaByliss.
- It has a temperature range of 150°C to 210°C.
- It has a remarkably fast heat up time.
- It’s suitable for all hair types.
- It doesn’t have any heat-protection measurements.
- Its curling results aren’t long-lasting.
- It was reported to overheat.
For those of you who kept looking at the fantastic BaByliss products and wondered why they hadn’t made a good one for short hair – here it is. The defined curling tongs are designed with a similar layout to our previous product, but they include an extra comb barrel for precise control over your beautiful locks. Specifically, the curling wand contains a 19 mm barrel and a flexible brush sleeve that detangles hair and defines your thick hair into a beautiful curly mess.
If you thought BaByliss has already gone over the moon with its heat settings, wait until you hear about this unit’s ten different temperature controls. Even though the curling wands’ max temperature is 195°C, you will bask in the freedom of styling your entire neighbourhood’s hair and turning your room into a beauty salon. This is further aided by the curling wands’ 1.8-metre swivel cord and easy to use layout, so how about you get that dream to life?
- It is Amazon’s Choice for the best curling tongs for short hairstyles.
- It heats up in less than 60 seconds.
- It has a lot of variability with the temperature controls.
- It comes with a handy brush attachment sleeve.
- It supports an auto shut-off feature for added safety.
- It is rather exhaustive on long, thick hair.
- Its handle grip is somewhat flimsy.
- Some customers reported that their units stopped working after some use.
The elegant and sleek design of the ELEHOT championing brand shouldn’t shy you away from the fact that it is Amazon’s no. 1 best-seller in the hair care wavers category. The easy to use curling tongs are accompanied by five different barrels for styling each type of hair. Thanks to its simplistic design, the curling wands have been swarmed with thousands of positive reviews that can’t seem to get enough of the unit’s functionality.
As for its built, the curling wand is made of tourmaline ceramic materials that make for an easy and safe curling session. The curling tongs’ PTC heater also contributes to the rapid heating of the device that will not only ensure your look is done within minutes, but it also will refrain you from waiting ages for it to start. And even if you’re so amazed by the curling wand that you forget to turn it off, the smart unit will do that for you in one hour of inactivity.
- It comes with a heat-protection glove.
- It has an adjustable temperature range of 80℃ to 230℃.
- It has a convenient LCD display for the temperature percentage.
- It is very easy and comfortable to use.
- It has a cool tip for added safety.
- It’s not very durable.
- Several customers have had issues with its delivery.
- Some users experienced a “bad smell” upon its first use.
The brand’s name origin roughly translates to “beloved one”, and that is precisely how we feel about this curling wand. With a minimalistic design and comfortable grip, this range of curling tongs is carefully manufactured to promote with lovely, defined curls. To achieve that, TreSemme has included a brush attachment that effortlessly glides over your tangled hair and helps turn them into gorgeous locks. The curling wand employs a 16 mm barrel that not only lets you tie the hair around the tong several times, but it allows for a very straightforward styling method too.
The curling wand is designed with a universal voltage, so you can rest assured that you will feel like a French princess wherever you go. To operate the curling wand, all you need to do is to press the button on its lever. The handy curling tong can employ a heat of up to 185℃ which may not sound like a lot but is entirely sufficient in granting beautiful curls without damaging the hair. Give this ceramic-coated wonder a try and see what it is like to be a true Belle.
- It is Amazon’s Choice for the best hair tongs for short hair.
- It comes with a three-year guarantee by TreSemme.
- It has an integrated heat stand.
- It comes with a brush attachment to give the curls more definition.
- It weighs just about 400 grams, so it is very light to hold.
- It doesn’t have a cool tip or other heat-protection areas.
- It’s not suitable for long hair.
- It is prone to overheating.
Our last pick for the best curling tongs is also on par with the budget-friendly requirements of our lovely readers. The high-functioning curling wand is best suited for those who want natural-looking beachy waves and loose curls because it uses a 32 mm barrel to gain those results. The Abody hair curlers are manufactured with a triple-ceramic coating that is also effective in eliminating static on top of frizz, damage and breakage to lovely hair.
As with the best curling wands, this unit is also coated with a PTC layering that promotes an instant heat-up. This feature will not only save you from a waiting period, but it will also reflect on your energy bills. After just 30 seconds, this curling tong will show you the adjustable settings you have that include a range of 60 – 220℃. The best news about this product though is that Abody takes its safety measures seriously, adding a PET handle and UL certified cord. This means that the chances of a fire hazard are minimal, but the possibility of a beauty upgrade is inevitable.
- It has an auto shut-down feature for 60 minutes of inactivity.
- It has a handy LCD display for the heat settings.
- It’s designed with traditional buttons to prevent accidental touches.
- It creates the best loose curls on the market.
- It is very reliable and safe to use.
- It’s not the best choice for short-haired people.
- It has a somewhat stiff clamp.
- It takes a long time to gain the preferred results.
Curling Tong Buying Guide
To wand or tong? That is the question. Online beauty products that are aimed at enhancing our hairstyle can sometimes be frustrating since the misguided titles and duplicate products assure we turn our heads from a perfectly good unit. It may surprise you to find out, but curling tongs are one of the most straightforward buys you can have online since very little of it can go wrong. As long as you remember the following points, you’re pretty much good to go.
- Ceramic tourmaline is the magic word you need to keep repeating. The resilient material coating is used to be layered upon the tong’s heating plate, and it creates a protective blanket between the high temperature and the hair follicles. You can’t go wrong with ceramic, but titanium is solid too.
- Temperature Settings aren’t always a good indicator of a curling wand’s ability to curl your hair, but rather, their capacity to match different hair types. If you have bought a curler that’s directly aimed at your type, then you don’t need more than one or two temperature settings.
- Interchangeable Curlers are ideal for roommates or people intending to share their beauty products. They often include three or more barrel sizes that aren’t limiting to a single hairstyle so you can enjoy the variability that comes with multiple uses. Be careful to find sturdy products though, because adapting the barrels into one another is often aggravating and not worth the while.
- Safety Measures are one of the most important hallmarks of any electric device because not only do they prevent us from hurting, they also reduce the chances of fire hazards and other dangers. Good indicators of a safe device include a cool tip, protection glove, auto shut-off and anti-scalding features.
Q: What is best, curling tongs or wand?
A: The main difference between a curling tong and wand is that the former uses a clamp to hold your hair in place while curling, and the latter doesn’t. If you’re a beginner into the hair-styling field, a curling tong may be best for you because it is more practical. Curling wands, on the other hand, allow for more flexibility with the curling, which ultimately reduces the styling time. In the end, it’s mostly a matter of preference.
Q: What is the best curling tongs for short hair?
A: The best curling tongs for short hair is the BaByliss defined curls model that is also endorsed by Amazon for best-suiting short-haired people.
Q: What is the best curling wand to buy?
A: The best curling wand of 2021 is the GHD Curve Soft model that has gained a lot of satisfaction points for its efficiency, practicality, variability and style.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In