Last Updated on May 4, 2021
Water flossers are essential means for maintaining oral health, whether it’s at the dentist’s office or the comfort of your own home. With technology progressing, so do medical tools, thus making the preservation of oral hygiene infinitely easier, all the while being more efficient.
With that in mind, we took the trouble of reviewing some of the best water flosser products available, so you’ll be one link away from that water jet that’ll make plaque issues, food debris, stained teeth and gum disease things of the past.
Best Water Flossers On The UK Market Reviewed In 2021
The best water flosser (UK) is the fantastic WP-560 Cordless Advanced model by Waterpik. Delivering a superior flossing performance through the essential combination of high water volume, pulsations and optimal pressure, this Waterpik ultra professional water flosser will be an absolute gift to your teeth and gums. Clinically proven to be more effective than air flossing, interdental brushing or string floss for removing plaque and improving gum health, this Waterpik cordless water flosser removes up to 99.9% of plaque from treated areas. Thanks to its 200+ ml water reservoir, this electric water flosser provides up to 45 seconds of constant powerful jets, for a superior oral flossing experience.
Besides being an ultra professional water flosser, the Waterpik electric flossers are also incredibly easy to use. You simply fill the reservoir, point the tip of the machine at your gumline, lean over the sink and floss. You can also add your favourite mouthwash for better cleaning experience.
Moreover, this rechargeable unit with NiMH battery has a four-hour rapid magnetic charging system and portable design that is perfect for travel. With an electronic pressure control system and three pressure settings, the Waterpik Cordless Advanced allows you to personalize your water pressure with low, medium and high options, so your sensitive gums won’t bleed from the extensive pressure. Another plus is that this Waterpik cordless flosser is waterproof, so you can use it on the shower if you prefer a more multitasking experience.
- The Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser is perfect for anyone with braces, dental implants, crowns, bridges or periodontal pockets
- It also includes two Classic Jet Tips (JT-100E) for general use, one Plaque Seeker Tip (PS-100E) for use with dental implants and other dental work and one Orthodontic Tip (OD-100E) for cleaning around braces.
- Travel bag and travel water plug included so it prevents leakage during transport. Besides that, the Waterpik flosser also includes a tip storage case and a magnetic charger with a 2-pin UK bathroom plug, so it’s perfect for travel and small bathrooms.
- All flosser (Waterpik) products have a two-year warranty, so that should come in handy if you experience any trouble with their flossers.
- The battery life was reported to not last for ideal times so you might need to do some recharging.
- Some consumers have reported some problems with the design since the power button is placed on an inconvenient spot and can cause you to turn off the device while flossing.
Water flosser reviews (UK) put the Pecham Water Flosser second on the list, due to the excellent features it carries. This dental water jet flosser, combined with rotating jet tips and high-pressure water pulse at 1400-1800 times per minute, removes 99.99% food residue hidden deep within dental cracks and the gum effectively. What the best dental flosser (string floss) and traditional brushing can not reach, this electric tooth flosser does it splendidly, all the while massaging your gums and promoting blood circulation. Moreover, this portable machine has three modes that meet various oral dental care needs. The normal mode uses strong water pulses to remove smaller particles between tooth, the soft mode offers gentle pressure to clean sensitive teeth and massage sensitive gums, and the pulse mode works more intensively to deep clean your teeth while stimulating and massaging the gum line and gum pockets.
On the other hand, the 300 ml detachable cleanable upgraded reservoir holds enough water for 90-12 seconds of continuous flossing and allows you to thoroughly clean the limescale inside.
The IPX7 waterproof design is adopted in both internal and external designs, to provide dual protection, so you can use this oral irrigator with confidence when showering as well. The water jet flosser contains a USB rechargeable built-in 1400mhA battery, that takes only four hours to fully charge while supporting an amazing 20 days of use. Order it now and immerse yourself within this deep cleansing procedure that will make your teeth and gum lines thank you on the long run.
- The package contains a nice feel machine, four nozzles, one charging cable, one UK plug adapter, a travel bag, colour box and a user manual – so you got all the information you need.
- The oral irrigator can be used by several people, you just need to change the head of the tool.
- Thanks to its carefully designed nozzles, it works great for people with orthodontic braces as it can strike even the hardest places to reach.
- It uses a continuous stream of water rather than controllable bursts, so the water waste might be higher with this machine.
- Some consumers have reported that the buttons on the device may be prone to damage and stop working after overuse.
Being one of the best oral irrigators available on the market, this oral irrigator along with its six water jets and 300 ml removable water reservoir allows you to easily clean areas that are difficult to reach while preventing tooth decay, dental plaque, dental calculus and dental hypersensitivity. Compared with the three-mode electric flossers, this water flossing machine contains five modes of cleaning that provide you with more choices of ideal water intensity that works best for you. More specifically, this device contains 30-110 PSI water pressure levels to differentiate between users with different sensitivities and experienced ones. Forget dental floss, as flossing with water is the upmost future of oral hygiene.
Besides all the features, this oral irrigator contains an IPX7 waterproof design that is adopted both inside and outside of the device to provide double protection. The intelligent design prevents leaks and allows the dental irrigator to be used safely while showering in the bathroom. With its unique gravity ball design and more flexible use angle, you should never worry about exploding water ever again.
- The rechargeable oral irrigator contains a powerful lithium battery that can be used continuously for 7-10 days.
- It is fit for portable carrying and use, no matter if you are on business trips or travels.
- The oral irrigator comes with a dustproof plug, so it will safely protect the charging interface.
- As with many water flossing tools, the battery life of this oral irrigator might suffer deterioration after some years, so you’re gonna have to charge it overnight.
- Some consumers reported that the internal pipes might need some readjusting after some time, due to high water pressure use.
Making it on the list of the best water flosser reviews, this oral irrigator by X-Waves operates at 2200 pulses per minute and produces an ultra-fine Ø 0.6 mm stream of high-pressure pulsating water, promoting extensive water flow and excellent power settings. By doing that, it effectively removes plaque, bacteria, and food particles from deep between teeth and below the gumline, in places that a toothbrush or string floss simply can’t reach. Additionally serving as a tongue cleaner, this product is one of the best oral irrigators that help reduce bad breath, prevent tartar, promote gingival health and most importantly, improve your smile.
With a pressure range of 40 to 100 PSI, this oral irrigator meets the oral cleaning needs of everyone. The soft, medium and powerful pressure settings promise a tailored flossing experience, whether you have sensitive teeth, prefer a deep cleaning, or somewhere in between. Moreover, a pulse mode allows you to gently massage your gums, and a 360° rotating tip enables convenient access to your entire mouth, ensuring every corner is thoroughly cleaned. Other features that make this oral irrigator very durable present on the fact that the IPX7 waterproof design and invisible drain holes keep the inside hardware dry and prevent short-circuiting, allowing you to safely use the oral irrigator in the shower.
The cordless flosser also features a USB charging design for more power supply options and enhanced portability. Last but not least, this flosser is built with a convenient two-minute timer to help track of flossing time and avoid over-cleaning, along with a 70 dB operation noise for a peaceful flossing experience.
- This flosser contains a unique leak-proof system that ensures the residue water in the pipe directly flows back into the water tank, instead of seeping into the interior structure and components.
- The upgraded cordless water flosser provides a failure-free service life of up to 30000 hours.
- The device was reported to last from 30 to 60 days, with a 2-3 hour full charge – serving you longer without the need for frequent recharging.
- The 230 ml water reservoir offers a long, uninterrupted flossing time without refilling, and features a detachable design that allows you to remove and clean it conveniently and thoroughly, thus avoiding scale buildup and bacterial growth.
- Consumers have reported that the power settings on this flosser are not very functional, as the water pressure is high on all three modes.
- Due to the high pressure, it was noted that extra care should be applied to keeping the water flow exclusively on the mouth since it can burst out everywhere.
- If you require a replacement tip, you should order additional ones since the flossing device only comes with two identical nozzles.
This excellent portable water flosser finally solves the pain point of most oral irrigators that must be held upright or on a specific angle to spray water. The Bestope manufacturers let us know that inspiration for this comes from baby bottles since they adopt a soft pipe with gravity ball design so the end of the pipe will move to where you tilt in any angle when you use it. Similarly, the 360-degree tilt in this flosser provides you with maximum flexibility and efficiency. Equipped with a 2150 mAh large-capacity rechargeable battery, this flosser can provide up to 30 days of use age, eliminating the need for frequent charging and bringing convenience to those who travel frequently.
Additionally, this water jet cleaner has an extra big water tank that provides enough and uninterrupted oral dental flossing. Due to the open tank and detachable design that it’s built around, this oral irrigator makes it much easier to clean the limescale inside of the water tank.
Being one of the best budget-friendly electric flossers, this device comes with five jet tips in one package, including two standard jet tips, one periodontal tip, one orthodontic tip and one tongue cleaner tip. Its low mode’s water pressure is 50 PSI, the medium is 80 PSI, whereas the high mode’s water pressure is 110 PSI, which is perfect for gum massage entailing better gum health and improving overall blood circulation.
- You can choose between a five or eight replacement tip package, so it’ll fulfil all your family’s needs.
- The dental floss contains five cleaning modes paralleled with a memory function.
- The device comes complete with a little drawstring bag to keep everything together, so it’ll come in handy if you’re a frequent traveller.
- The water tank is somewhat hard to detach for cleaning, up to the point where it feels like you’re breaking it in two.
- Some reviewers (UK) have reported difficulties with changing between the water jet heads.
- It is not the most durable product you can find, according to some consumers who reported that the electric water jet flosser stopped working properly after longer use.
Another great water flosser comes from Maybeau, offering a unique upgraded semi-hidden detachable water tank, which makes the flosser more compact, lighter and portable – perfect for use while travelling, office or hotel. With 1800 times per minute high-pressure water flow, six interchangeable jet tips and 360 degrees rotating features, this cordless water flosser cleans away 99.99% of food debris that traditional brushing and dental floss can’t reach. It’s perfect for anyone with braces, implants, crowns, or periodontal pockets. The MayBeau dental flosser is made from top food-grade materials, so you won’t have to worry about any metal taste on your mouth.
Designed with an auto-timer protect feature, this water jet flosser can stop running automatically after two minutes of work. Like most water flossers, thanks to its internal and external double IPX7 waterproof protection, this water jet is also safe to use on the shower.
Moreover, this dental floss has three modes ranging from soft, normal and pulse. These features operate with a memory function and low-noise design, which can meet various oral needs, promoting overall oral health. With a built-in latest technology lithium battery, the USB rechargeable line of flossers will last up to 30 days of continuous use after one fully charged session of four hours.
- The body plating panel of the oral irrigator is designed with an ergonomic non-slip handle, that will give you enjoyable cleaning time.
- There are six water jet heads included, so if you’re a part of a big family, this should be the ideal choice for you.
- It is very budget-friendly considering the features it promotes.
- Due to the high-pressure settings, it consumes a lot of water. You might need to refill the water tank several times on one session.
- It is not very durable, as some consumers (UK) reported it either broke down or stopped working after the warranty period.
Making it on the list of the best water jet flossers on the market, this product by ESSEASON works expeditiously to promote proper oral health. Rotating with high-pressure water pulse at 1200 times per minutes, this flossing device removes oral odour, plaque and dental residue between teeth effectively, while gently massaging your gums. It is especially indicated for people with dental implants, orthodontics or brackets. The pressure settings in this oral irrigator range on five different modes, thus offering adjustable water pressure levels for all types of teeth and gums.
With a 300 ml large upgraded water tank, this water flossing machine allows you to thoroughly clean your teeth without having to be interrupted for refilling. The large tank is also very advantageous for accurately cleaning the limescale residue inside. Designed with internal leakproof drainage, this electric flosser is carefully made to provide you with a safe and comfortable flossing experience. Along with its 360-degree flossing feature, this oral irrigator is an excellent addition to your home products.
- The five modes offer more flexibility around different types of teeth and gums. They start from soft – (30 PSI), friendly – (50 PSI), standard – (70 PSI), strong – (90 PSI), and super strong – (110 PSI).
- Its portable design is ideal for travel.
- Some reviewers (UK) reported that the seal and the securing clips failed to hold the pipe in place.
- It was noted that this line of water flossers had a lot of faulty products, so you should be in contact with the manufacturers or the shipping website, just in case.
One of the most practical oral irrigators presents itself on this product by Pecham, that consists of rotating jet tips combined with a pressure of 1400-1800 times per minute pulse strength, operating to remove food residue hidden deep within the dental cracks and the gums effectively. As with most oral irrigators, this water flossing machine contains three pressure settings, starting from soft, normal and pulse. It is important to note that with any type of water flosser, you should always start at the soft setting, to make your gums acquainted with the pressure.
The water tank in this flosser is a large 300 ml, so you won’t have to worry about refilling or cleaning. According to the manufacturers, each cleaning cycle should last for about two minutes, and that is accurately provided by the water tank. The built-in battery capacity is a whole 1400 MAh, ensuring just enough time for each teeth cleaning session. The oral irrigator also works perfectly on all types of teeth and braces, so you won’t have to worry about that.
- The PECKHAM dental flosser is FDA approved, has a 12 months warranty and 30 days money-back guarantee, so you can contact the friendly customer service for any instance.
- The package comes with a replacement tip, as well as a storage box that fits perfectly for travel.
- Due to the highly powerful pressure settings, it might hurt when coming in contact with the tongue if not held properly.
- Some reviewers (UK) found it too big and bulky to be practical, so if you’re more on the petite range, you might want to keep looking for another product that better fits your needs.
The Cordless Water Flosser by Uvistare is among the best water flossers currently on the market. Highly recommended by dentists and orthodontists, this flosser is suitable for all types of teeth and gums, as well as braces. This water flosser contains a 300 ml water tank that can be disassembled easily with just a click of the button, so you can clean it up and put it back together again.
On the other hand, this flossing machine comes with six interchangeable jet nozzles. With two standard nozzles, one tongue scraper, one pocket tip, one orthodontic tip and one toothbrush head, you can have all the conditions lined up perfectly to promote daily cleaning.
The power on this flosser has an IPX7 waterproof design, so it can too be used in the shower. Along with its 2400 mAh battery power ensuring longer battery life, this line of irrigators is durable as it is functional.
- The water flosser is approved by CE, ROHS and FDA, so it ensures maximal safety features.
- With a five hour charging time, you will be able to use the flosser for up to ten days (If used two times a day at the recommended levels).
- Some reviewers (UK) have reported that the design of the flosser is not very ergonomic, as they have accidentally pressed the off button or power settings too many times while performing a cleaning session.
- It was also noted that the flosser developed a leak inside the pump after overuse.
The best water flosser reviews place this Panasonic flosser on this list, thanks to some of the most gentle features it conveys for removing food and debris between teeth, reducing plaque and overall bleeding from gums. The fast and refreshing rush of water on this line of irrigators removes debris that causes plaque in hard-to-reach areas. The intermittent water streams gently stimulate and massage the gums, giving them a relaxed after-feel. This is also one of the best water flossers for travel use, due to its collapsible and portable design. After use, you can simply push down the flosser so that the nozzle and unit fit inside of the water tank. The product contains a 100 per cent waterproof design for hygienic maintenance and safety features.
Its two-level power settings provide a safe thorough cleaning session for either normal or sensitive gums, and it works perfectly with braces. The soft mode is built for gentle use as well as gums massaging, whereas the normal mode is designated for regular use. Furthermore, the easy-fill 165 ml (5.5 oz) water tank allows for prolonged usage, in certain flossing conditions. As for its power build, this flosser contains an EW-DJ10 battery that’s powered with 2 AA batteries. You can easily replace the batteries when needed, and get on with your flossing as per usual.
- If you’ve had bridges fitted recently, this oral irrigator works with the perfect amount of pressure to properly wash your teeth but not damage them.
- The Panasonic device works on minimal noise, so you won’t have to worry about waking people up while using it at night or early morning.
- Thanks to its battery-fuelled power feature, you won’t have to worry about carrying a power cord along with your travel bag, since all you need to do is fit the nozzle to the shaft and you’re good to go.
- Due to its silicone O rings, this line of water flossers can’t be used with mouthwash.
- If you plan to use this flosser with family members, you should order additional heads since the ones provided by Panasonic are not sufficient.
- Some reviewers (UK) reported that the manual pump is hard to use and doesn’t work properly to fulfil flossing expectations.
Maintaining proper oral hygiene is oftentimes more complicated than usual health commercials or your dentist might imply. Turns out using a string floss after brushing isn’t sufficient to have 99.99% clean teeth and gums, as some toothpaste reviews suggest. You might think that using a water flosser is not essential and sometimes a waste of money, but you will be sorely mistaken. The majority (if not all) of consumers who have switched to a water flosser was left in shock of the amount of food and debris that came out of their mouths when using one – yes, even after brushing and flossing!
If you’re one of those people that is already convinced of the absolute necessity of owning a water flosser but are confused as to which brand best fits your needs, you can read this buying guide and choose the best oral irrigator that works for you. Even though most brands function along with the same features, some characteristics differ between products. Continue reading, take notes, and get acquainted with the all so enthralling world of dentistry, made readable to all us common folk.
Water flossers are arguably the future of maintaining oral health, and it is widely accepted that they will substitute string floss or more traditional measures for keeping the mouth clean. With this in mind, it must be noted that there are tons of different models and brands that try to enrich the costumer’s experience by designing oral irrigators that include a lot of features and facets of use. But if we take it down to the basics, the most important component of any machine lingers on its power settings.
With power settings, we mean the internal components of the machine that make the flosser operate. Most water flossers in 2021 work with rechargeable batteries or replaceable ones. The best ones contain lithium batteries, which start at around 1400 mAh in power capacity and go up to 2400 mAh, enabling more cleaning sessions and less energy wasted on each session. This varies between models and size, as some larger flossers need more power to operate their several pressure modes. We’ll talk more about that later. But the general rule of thumb is to aim for machines that satisfy your needs and are compatible with your power systems. You should always read the manufacturer’s website about the time needed to charge the batteries, how long can they function with one set of charged ones, etc.
The good news is that your usual water flosser requires about four-five hours of charging, and can last up to 10-15 days, depending on the battery. The bad news is that battery life is one of the most faulty components in all water flossers, as they tend to wear out with time. No matter if it’s a huge brand like Waterpik or a smaller, more modest one, you should always keep in mind that overuse can (and will) shorten your battery life. If you’re lucky, your power settings will slightly get impaired and you’ll have shorter durability. On other instances, if you use your flosser for more than a year, chances are that you might need to charge it every night. But don’t worry, most charging flossers don’t use up a lot of energy, so your power bill won’t bulk up suddenly.
Living on the digital age, it can sometimes get frustrating browsing through online shopping websites, because you have a million products and little to no knowledge. You think you know what you want, but you see much fancier products and they look perfect… until you get to the price tag. Well, lucky for you, with a little extra information matching your specific needs, you won’t have to worry about all that. There are three important features to bear in mind when buying a water flosser.
A water reservoir, or a water tank, is the surface that contains the water in place. Now, different models have different capacities, but a normal-sized flosser can contain about 250-300 ml. This is the part where you put in the water that will be used to floss your mouth.
Unless noted by the manufacturer, you can also mix the water with mouthwash, as this will give you a fresher feeling and a better cleaning experience. You should always use lukewarm water because water that is too cold will pierce through your tongue and gums.
The best oral irrigators have easily detachable tanks, so you can take them apart and thoroughly clean them, and put them back in place. The fact that you should clean your reservoirs can’t be stressed enough. If you don’t regularly clean your flosser’s water tank, it will allow the surface to be filled with limescale build-up or bacteria, that will be extremely dangerous when you use the contaminated water to wash your mouth. With that in mind, you should always aim for flossers whose water reservoirs are larger, thus easier to clean. Bear in mind, this is only applicable for normal and larger sized flossers, as some compact-sized flossers have smaller tanks, and that’s fundamentally okay – as long as it fits your needs.
This feature includes the range of the amount of water that is pressured on mouth cleaning sessions by a single flosser. This is usually manufactured in levels and presented in modes, ranging from soft to pulsating. The best machines contain three to five modes, offering you more flexibility with the amount of pressure you break down on your teeth. It is usually advisable to start with the lowest setting and make your way up, so you can know the level of pressure you’re comfortable with. Even though more modes allow you more versatility, you shouldn’t get discouraged if the flosser you’ve picked contains three or fewer, since they can also work perfectly within your zone of comfort. Travel-sized irrigators usually have a high-low range, and they’re very practical and easy to manage.
The jet heads include the upper part of the flossers the tips of which have different shapes and sizes that are applicable for different functions. The usual big brands like Waterpik or Picham offer three or more jet heads with one set, but some models only contain one or two heads on a single package, in which case you have to additionally buy the extras. There are two reasons as to why additional nozzles are a good idea.
Firstly, if you plan on using the flosser along with your family members, it is of grave importance that everyone has their jet head (like with toothbrushes). On the other hand, more jet heads mean more functions. Usually, the additional nozzles serve for different purposes, such as tongue cleaning, wider angles reach, firmer brush hairs or smaller jet heads fit for better braces accessibility. If you use a different jet head for different purposes, it is undeniable that you’re going to see better results, and on a shorter time as well. It is more hygienic, efficient and productive.
How much should I spend on a water flosser? Is this company ripping me off? Are the features on this irrigator worth the price? These are the usual questions concerning the prices of water flossers. Granted, some products are just not worth the money, but most of them are pretty reasonably-priced. The bigger dentistry companies have their products at around 60£, and although the price is oftentimes excused, you can usually find equally-worth flossers at a lower rate. Additional features and fancy components are usually aimed at dentists and orthodontists, as they’re in continuous contact with patients and use the machines more often than people on their homes. With that in mind, it’s important to note that you can find good quality flossers starting at 30£, that will best fit your own needs.
Q: Do dentists recommend water flosser?
A: Yes, dentists do recommend water flossers. It’s okay to frequently brush your teeth and use dental floss after each meal, but it’s not as effective as a water flosser. Besides the obvious cleaning function, a water flosser also massages the gums and ensures blood circulation, so it’s additionally recommended for people who summer from bleeding gums or other types of gum disease.
Q: How to use a water flosser?
A: You should use a water flosser as follows:
- Firstly, you should fill the tank will warm water or mix it with a mouthwash of your own choice (unless the manufacturer’s state you shouldn’t).
- Then, you should put a jet head or pick on the top of the machine’s head and turn it on the lowest pressure setting.
- Gently lean over the sink and place the jet head on your mouth. You should keep your lips slightly closed as to prevent splashing. Turn the unit on.
- Aim at the top of the gum crown, and continue along the line of your teeth. You can play around with the settings to find the best pressure levels for you. But bear in mind, especially if you’re a first time user – you should always start at the lowest setting.
- After you’re confident that you’ve reached all the residue, turn the unit off and use the eject button (if granted) to remove the jet head.
Q: Should I use a water flosser?
A: Yes, if you have the means, you should use a water flosser. Even though brushing is still going to be very much necessary, a water flosser can help clean away the food debris and other particles that a string simply can’t reach. Besides, an oral irrigator is also helpful in removing plaques, cleaning up stained teeth and treating stressed gums. If you see yourself struggling with any of those problems, then you should buckle up and make your order right away, because you won’t regret it.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In