Last Updated on May 7, 2021
Going for the close-up shave? Perhaps you want a spot of stubble, or just to keep things trim and neat. An electric shaver is the real deal, but, choosing one from the hundreds is not easy.
With this review of the best electric shaver models, you’ll find top-rated razors that suit different skin types, style, and budget, plus what you need to know before buying one.
Best Electric Shavers On The UK Market Reviewed In 2021
The best electric shaver is the Wet And Dry Shaver By Braun. We gave it a 5/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price and details on the links below.
This is one of the most popular Braun series electric shavers on the market these days. It is a foil head shaver with three separate floating elements which adapt to facial contours for close shaves. It is also based on MicroComb technology.
This is an advancement over previous Braun series which catches and feeds more hairs to the cutting blades. This cuts down shaving time by up to 3 times. The head also features a Sensofoil system which delivers smooth shaves even when cutting 3 day growth worth of stubble.
The manufacturers add a Ni-Mh battery so that you can experience greater convenience while shaving stubble. The battery fully charges within 1 hour and offers 45 minutes of shaving. A quick 5-minute charging is enough for a single shaving session.
This is a wet and dry shaver and can be safely used while showering with shaving cream. It’s also 100% washable so it can save you the trouble of cleaning it by placing it under bathroom sink. It features an ergonomic grip and that is why you can experience strain-free use at all times.
READ NEXT: The best electric toothbrush you can buy
- Wet or dry functionality, best from Braun series
- 5 minute quick charging feature enables you to charge and use it in as little as 5 minutes
- Foil head with three independently moving elements ensures a close shave
- MicroComb and Sensofoil technologies ensure fast clean shave even for long facial hair
- Easy to clean using provided accessories or placing under running waterstream
- Getting a smooth shave requires running the shaver head a number of times over the skin
Our second pick is the Electric Shaver With Pop-Up Trimmer By Panasonic. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price range and details on the links below.
The ES-SL41 3-blade model is one of the most loved models from Panasonic. It’s a foil electric razor with three independent multi-fit arc blades each of which floats to adapt to your facial contours. The head has arced slit foils which catches long hairs and directs them towards the cutting blades.
This waterproof model comes with a battery that takes approximately 15 hours to charge fully and provides about 21 minutes of shaving. The Panasonic shaver includes water-shutters. This allows liquid to run through the shaver without damaging its internal parts. It’s a dry/wet shaver and 100% washable.
This means that you can use it while showering, shave using your favourite shaving cream or use it on a dry face. This model also includes a pop up trimmer.
- Wet/dry operation enables use while showering and with shaving cream
- Head design with multi-fit arc blades makes it simple to achieve a clean shave
- Pop up trimmer enables styling of moustache and sideburns after shaving
- Slit foil allows it to handle cutting of long hairs
- The battery takes extra long to charge fully and has very poor battery life for its price
Third place goes to the Electric Shaver With Precision Trimmer By Philips, one of the best brands. We gave it a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price and details on the link below.
The Philips AquaTouch S5420/06 is one of the more popular Philips series of shaver units in many electric shavers’ reviews. This is a rotary type cordless men’s shaver and it is designed to deliver fast clean shaves within the shortest time possible.
It boasts a Multiprecision system with rounded heads. This enables them to glide smoothly across your skin protecting it from cuts and giving excellent performance. The dual blade, super lift action produce a perfect cut. The cutting head flexes in 5 different directions allowing you to shave along any direction you want.
This electric shaver runs on a Li-ion battery that offers 45 minutes of shaving for every 1-hour charge. It’s a wet/dry shaver which can be used while showering or with shaving cream. Also, it comes with SmartClick precision trimmer and protection cap so that you can expect the best shaving job from this model.
READ NEXT: The best foot spa you can buy
- Wet/dry operation makes it ideal for use in the shower or with your favourite shaving cream
- Cordless operation allows you to shave even when there’s no electricity
- Trimmer included for shaping your moustache and sideburns
- 5 direction head movement and Multiprecision blade system ensures fast and close shaving services
- The clip on trimmer might be useful but it’s a hassle always having to remove the cutting head and install the trimmer every time you want to trim your hair.
Fourth place on our list goes to the Corded Shaver By Remington. We gave it a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to check the prices and details on the link below.
One of the best Remington skin care products, the PR1230 model is designed for first-time shavers. This is a rotary type shaver with Powerflex 360 and active contour technology. This technology enables the rotary heads to adjust to your facial contours giving you a closer, cleaner shave.
The shaver also boasts dual-track cutters which double the area covered with a single movement of the head on your skin. This ensures that you’ll get a faster shave. The rotary shaver heads have precision-engineered blades which cut close to the skin without causing irritation.
The PR1230 is a corded men’s electric shaver. It has a worldwide voltage rating meaning you won’t need any special adapters to operate in different countries. Its design also includes a comfort trim pop up trimmer.
- Flexible rotary head design ensures clean and close shaves
- Worldwide voltage rating allows you to use the shaver in different countries without having to invest in an adapter
- Quiet operation when shaving your stubble
- Dry only operation, avoid it if you shave while showering
- Tugging at the power cord can cause the unit to unplug from the mains socket
Fifth place goes to the Titanium Rotary Shaver By Paul Anthony brand. We gave it a 3.5/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price and details on the link below.
If you’re in search for a cheap and versatile option, the Paul Anthony Pro Series 3 is worth taking into consideration. It’s a rotary type shaver that gives a smooth daily wet shave within minutes and a great value for the price.
This neck beard trimmer has tested titanium steel blades which are strong and durable. The premium shaver is flexible allowing it to glide along facial contours to result in a smooth shave.
This device can be used in cordless or corded mode. If the battery runs low before you finish shaving, you can easily change to corded mode and continue rather than have to suspend shaving in favour of charging the battery.
A fully charged battery enables approximately 40 minutes of comfortable shaving time. This shaver’s head is washable and it includes a retractable side with a precision trimmer.
READ NEXT: Health and beauty products for your home
- Less expensive travel rotary men’s shaver gives good cost to value ratio
- Rotary type shaver with a flexible cutting head provides a smooth shave
- Easy to clean using provided cleaning brush
- Corded and cordless operation ensures that the shaver is ready to trim hair whenever
- Battery takes 8 hours to charge fully which is a bit longer than most units offer
A Mini Guide To Men’s Electric Shavers
What To Consider When Buying An Electric Shaver
Consider whether you want a foil head or rotary head. You will find that foil heads are great if you have fine facial features, want a smoother or closer shave and shave quite often. Rotary, on the other hand, is best suited if you want a fast shave and have prominent facial features. When considering the head design, you should also look at quality details such as built-in beard trimmers and the shaving head size.
Corded vs. cordless
Corded rotary shavers are connected to the mains socket to operate. Their cordless counterparts operate on batteries which can either be disposable or rechargeable. Our advice is to ensure that the battery life of the cordless electric razor is durable, good and long-lasting. Thus, you should have a financial budget before embarking on your electric shaver purchase.
Wet/dry or dry only
Wet and dry electric rotary shavers are becoming popular since they can be used while showering. Dry only grooming tools used for dry shaving will get damaged if they come into contact with water or other liquids like shaving foam or cream. The cleaning station is determined on either the wetness or dryness of the shaver. Sensitive skin might get skin irritation depending on the wrong use of wet-dry electric razors. So, using a wet or dry electric razor is very important on skin preference.