Last Updated on May 7, 2021
There’s nothing like a hoverboard to add some fun and adventure on a sunny afternoon. These awesome toys are ideal for both kids and adults and make the ultimate gift for speed lovers.
All the products on our best hoverboard review have been tested and passed safety checks, so how about lowering the gun and hopping on for a great ride.
Best Hoverboards On The UK Market Reviewed In 2021
The best hoverboard on the market is the Classic Segway Hoverboard By Bluefin. We gave it a 5/5 star rating in this list.
The Bluefin Classic Segway Hoverboard is a decently-priced 6.5” hoverboard that features amazing customer satisfaction reviews. This board is available in four colours: black, blue, red, and white to please all audiences. Weighing in at a measly 12kg, which is nothing compared to the 100kg that it can carry.
Age restrictions for kids on this hoverboard are fairly good, stating that people over the age of 8 years are allowed to operate it. The board can hit 10-15 km/hr (9.3 miles/hour) and a maximum inclines gradient of 15 degrees. So this self balancing scooter will keep you entertained for a long period of time, especially with a battery life of up to 6 hours!
It takes just two hours to speed charge its Samsung Lithium-ion battery making it possible for you to have enough speed and power at all times. A good point to note about the battery is that it has a protection circuit, meaning the charge is CE and UL 2272 certified for safety. The extra bonus with this battery powered hoverboard is that it features built-in Bluetooth speakers and a waterproof carrying case.
- The fast charge battery is certified for safety.
- The Bluetooth speakers and carrying case make the hoverboard fun to use and easy to carry.
- It is including a 1-year warranty.
- Can climb street terrains with inclines of up to 15 degrees
- Budget friendly market price
- It features CE and UL 2272 certification
- Classic model doesn’t have speakers.
- The battery doesn’t last as long as suggested in some instances, so you must charge it frequently (found when reading peoples Bluefin hoverboard reviews article)
- This hoverboard is not meant for off-road or grass terrain
The second best hoverboard on this list is the Built-in Bluetooth Speaker Hoverboard By Markboard. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
Are you in search for a smooth self-balancing scooter ride with your friends as you listen to your favourite music? This is the experience the Markboard model offers. The board is based on the technology to be safe and comfortable, and made to ensure a smooth and balanced ride every time, but it is not all-terrain type of hover board.
The best hoverboard features strong Bluetooth capability and a Bluetooth speaker which makes it possible for you to connect it with your mobile phone app as well as other gadgets with Bluetooth app. This board supports iOS mobile app and Android app with powerful dual engines that make it run at a top speed of 13km/h (8 mph). It can cover a distance of 12 kilometres or 7.5 miles on a single charge.
However, it is important for you to note that the maximum distance on a single charge will depend on factors such as the road conditions, the weight of the rider and their driving style. You will love the design of colourful hub lamp on this board which adds to its glamorous look. The best LED lights will also provide enough visibility at night.
You can fix a handlebar to this hoverboard for additional support while its rugged solid tires guarantee a firm grip on the ground. This board features a list of certifications. CE/ ROHS /FCC certification means that you don’t have to worry about your safety or that of your kids once they are more than 8 years of age.
- It is set with a wide range of safety features for the best experience
- UL certified so it is safe to use for kids over 8 years of age
- Easy learning experience for the hoverboard of this size
- The device consumes little energy while providing a high-quality ride.
- It features a durable, high-quality Li Ion battery with quick charging time that will support both the ride and the music entertainment
- Connects via Bluetooth app to play music
- Dual motors, better that its single engine counterparts
- It is a basic skater board that does not have a massive range of motion or speed, so you can not ride it on off-road terrain
- The device does not come with a carrier bag
- Not cheap unless it is on sale
The third best option on the list goes to the Self Balancing Smart Hoverboard By Fit4home brand. We gave it a 3.5/5 star rating.
The Navboard Self-Balancing Scooter Hoverboard features a wide range of frame colors: blue, gold, pink, red and white. The coloured versions vary slightly in their cost and build weight. The average unit weighs 10 kilograms (22 pounds) and supports a maximum weight of 120 kg (264 lbs), but it is not meant for off-road riding purposes.
The Navboard two wheels hoverboard utilises sophisticated, new technology to prevent falls, allow you to turn easier and detect your position. Along with this, LED headlights to keep you safe in dimly-lit areas (and also look really cool).
Depending on what kind of surface you’re riding on, this hoverboard can reach a maximum top speed of 10 km/hr (6 miles/hour). The wheels have a unique self-supporting system to help you stay upright easily, by minute leaning/tilting.
Once you have used it for several hours, the charge time is only a mere one to two hours for the lithium-ion battery which can be done at home or anywhere with a powerpoint. This hoverboard has been tested and certified for chemical, electronic and fire safety standards.
This is definitely one of the top hoverboards you can buy if you really want to get the best board.
- This hoverboard features the best weight capacity for greater control.
- This hoverboard comes in many available colour options and riding modes.
- Easy to ride and learn with good build quality
- Safety certified
- This board can offer great performance every day
- Most affordable price on the list, you can easily earn enough money for this hoverboard
- 60 minutes fast charging mode for excellent services
- Limited maximum speed on this two wheels hoverboard.
- This hoverboard for kids isn’t an off-road hoverboard, so you can not use it on any terrain
Hoverboards Buying Guide
What to Consider Before Buying a Segway or Hoverboard
The primary consideration should be safety. Therefore, you’ll want to do your search to find models of hoverboards UK that meet the newly-determined safety electrical standards.
Segways should similarly be researched and evaluated. Be certain to buy a quality product, even if cheaper alternatives are available. The risk of getting a dubiously-made device is significant so please be careful.
Experts recommend only purchasing models that are UL2272 certified.
This is a certification by an independent organisation that audits, tests, and certifies electronic units. Second, it is important to match your expectations and desires with the appropriate product. Generally, people seek more of a toy when purchasing a hoverboard and a toy/functional tool for the Segway.
You should consider battery life, range of features, run time, and local restrictions that may influence the way you can use your Segway or hoverboard. When you do buy a Segway or hoverboard, heed the instructions to get the best use out of your purchase before you start to ride them.
Segways and hoverboards can have inbuilt features that make usage easier and more fun. For example, LED lights may be aesthetically desirable, but they also light up your path while you ride. This is useful in areas of low light to anticipate branches, rocks, or anything that may block your path.
The LED lights also alert others to your presence, much like reflector vests and bike lights, to make the operation safer and more responsible. Warranties are a good thing to look for in a purchase because you are more likely to address an issue earlier before it creates bigger problems.
It will also ensure that you are using your device safely and in its optimum condition. Because it is a significant purchase that likely requires specialised parts/providers for repairs, you’ll probably make up the cost of an additional warranty should you have to purchase one.
These products are exposed to a certain degree of a bit rougher treatment: hard & uneven surfaces, grass or road wear, weight, and weather conditions. Therefore, it is imperative that you care for your hoverboard or Segway properly to get the best life out of it.
Avoid jumping movements that could disturb the calibration of internal parts. Keep these boards away from water sources; a carrying case can be useful in instances of unexpected rain. You should periodically examine the machine for areas of looseness, breakage, and other problems.